Program Purpose and Mission:
The Assistance Program is made available to provide emergency direct financial support for men and women currently diagnosed with breast cancer patients in current treatment. (Chemo, radiation, surgery or awaiting surgery with emergent needs to cover costs that have caused stress due to the fight against breast cancer.)
The program gives financial support in the form of a gift card to patients in states in which the Pink Ribbon Riders fundraise in through their volunteers and donor support. The funds stay in the states in which we fundraise in. The mission and the program was created to help those in need by people helping people right in their own communities.
Our hopes are to make the days less stressful by helping with expenses faced during that time.
The Gift of financial assistance:
- The gift of assistance is available to apply for, for men and women that have been diagnosed with breast cancer and must be in current treatment.
- Each applicant may apply once in a lifetime.
- The gift is given in the amount of $500.00 in a gift card format if you are accepted.
Summary of the Program:
- To be considered you must fill out the Pre application screening form to be considered to apply.
- You must me all 3 eligibility requirements prior to moving on to pre-screening.
- You must be currently undergoing breast cancer treatments (chemo, radiation, surgery) or awaiting surgery to apply.
- A completed application is not a guarantee of getting a receiving the gift.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All items, attachments and paperwork must be receive at one time.
How we are able to give the gifts:
- The program is available due to the generosity of our donors and the volunteers that help with our fundraising events.
- The committee reserves the right to distribute assistance amounts based on funds available at the time.
Before proceeding to the NEXT STEP please review the below requirements; please do not proceed if you do meet ALL 3 requirements.
#1 – You must reside in one of the states below:
Click HERE for Details
*New York – Limited
* Not accepting patients from the
NYC or Long Island area –
#2 – Be a US Citizen and be able to provide documentation.
- See accepted documents that you will have to provide HERE.
#3 – You must be in “Current” treatment for breast cancer receiving :
- Chemo, radiation, surgery or awaiting surgery. – See definition of current treatment HERE.